Why a privacy statement?
The purpose of this privacy statement is to inform visitors to the website hosted at tokaydigital.com of how data is collected and processed by the controller.
The wish of the data controller is to act in complete transparency, in compliance with the law of December 8, 1992 on the protection of privacy with regard to the processing of personal data and the Council of April 27, 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (RGPD or GDPR).
The controller pays particular attention to the protection of the privacy of its users and therefore undertakes to take the reasonable precautions required to protect the personal data collected against loss, theft, disclosure or unauthorized use.
What are the purposes of processing?
Personal data is collected and processed for the sole purposes mentioned below:
- Ensure the management of customers including the management of orders and deliveries, invoicing and the sending of information letters/e-mails.
- Respond to user questions.
- Produce statistics.
- Sending promotional information about the controller’s products and services.
- For marketing actions.
- Authentification and granting the user access to his user profile.
- Improve the quality of the website and the products and/or services offered by the controller.
Personal data is processed exclusively for internal use.
What is the legal basis?
In accordance with the Regulation, personal data is processed by the controller on the following legal basis:
- Based on the performance of the contract as agreed with the user or pre-contractual steps taken at his request.
- On the basis of satisfying legal or regulatory provisions, with regard to the management of the contractual relationship and in particular invoicing.
- On the basis of legitimate interest in sending information to customers.
What personal data are protected?
By visiting and using this website, the user expressly consents to the data controller collecting and processing, according to the methods and principles described, the following personal data:
- Personal identification data (surname, first name, address, country, e-mail address, telephone number, country and date of birthday).
- Contact details (telephone number, e-mail address).
- Electronic identification data (IP address, cookies).
- Financial identification data (bank data).
- References (passwords).
- All the information concerning the pages that the user has consulted on the website.
- Any information that the user has given voluntarily.
The controller collects personal data as follows:
- Order placed online.
- Newsletter subscription form.
The controller only retains personal data for the reasonable time necessary for the purposes pursued and in accordance with legal and regulatory requirements. The data collected is therefore not kept longer than the law authorizes.
What are the rights of users?
- Right of rectification: Inaccurate or incomplete information can be rectified.
- Right to erasure of personal data: In certain cases, the user has the right to obtain the erasure of personal data concerning him.
- Right to limitation of processing: In certain cases, the user has the right to request the limitation of the processing of his personal data.
- Right to object to processing: The user has the right to object at any time to the processing of his personal data unless there are compelling legitimate reasons for the processing of his personal data which prevail over his right to object to processing.
- Right to withdraw consent: The user has the right to withdraw consent at any time.
- Right to portability: The user may at any time request to receive his personal data free of charge in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
What are cookies?
A “cookie” is a data or text file that the server of a website saves temporarily or permanently on the user’s equipment (computer hard drive, tablet, smartphone, or any other device similar) through their browser. Cookies can also be installed by third parties with whom the data controller collaborates. Cookies retain a certain amount of information, such as the language preferences of visitors or the content of their shopping cart. Other cookies collect statistics about users of a website or ensure that graphics appear correctly and that applications work well on the website. Still others allow the content and/or advertising of a website to be adapted to the user.
What cookies does the website use?
The website uses different types of cookies:
- Essential or technical cookies: these are essential cookies for the operation of the website, allowing good communication and intended to facilitate navigation.
- Statistical or analytical cookies: these cookies make it possible to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see their browsing behaviour when they visit the website. This improves user navigation and makes it easier for them to find what they are looking for.
- Functional cookies: these cookies make it possible to activate specific functionalities on the website in order to improve the user-friendliness and experience of the user, in particular by remembering his choice of preferences (for example the language, the basket…).
- Performance cookies: these cookies collect information about how visitors use the website. They make it possible to evaluate and improve the content and performance of the website (for example by counting the number of visitors, by identifying the most popular pages or clicks), and to better match commercial offers to personal preferences of the user.
- Tracking cookies: the website uses tracking cookies via Google Analytics, with the aim of helping the data controller to measure the ways in which users interact with the content of the website, and which generates the statistics of visit strictly anonymously. These statistics are used to continuously improve the website and to offer the user relevant content. The controller uses Google Analytics to get an overview of the traffic on the website, the origin of this traffic and the pages visited. This means that Google acts as a processor. The information collected by Google Analytics is generated as anonymously as possible. For example, it is not possible to identify the people who visit the website. For further information, the user is invited to consult Google’s data protection policy, available at the following address: http://www.google.nl/intl/en_uk/policies/privacy.
In the event that the user deactivates certain cookies, it is possible that certain parts of the website cannot be consulted and/or used, or that they are only partially so.
The storage period for cookies varies according to their type: essential cookies are generally kept until the browser is closed, while functional cookies remain valid for 1 year and performance cookies for 4 years.